Tuesday 15 September 2015

Fairy Toadstool

Whilst thinking of some ideas for a woodland theme, I thought I would crochet a toadstool.

So after a few experiments, I came up with this one.  A red cap with cream spots and a cream stalk and gills.  It is quite large at about 20 cm tall and 20 cm at its widest part.



After I stuffed it, I thought it was the ideal size for adding a fairy door to.  So out came the polymer clay and I made a door, some leaves and a few roses.  Now that they are all glued in place, I think it looks really effective.

For the next few weeks, this toadstool is sitting in the window at Babes in the Wool along with other woodland themed items.  There are a couple of owls, quite a few mushrooms, toadstools and leaves and even a snail and a slug.  Hedgehogs will be the next creatures to be added in the next few days.

Call by, have a look in the window and come into the shop for a chat.

Happy hooking xx





No comments:

Post a Comment